In the spring of 2012, Kate Callan was serving as a volunteer chaplain at the Harris County Jail conducting church services for the women there. In a conversation with the head female chaplain, she told Kate, “We have a lot of Bible studies and prayer services. What these women really need is a class that will help them find a job when they get out of jail.” And that is how the WINGS program was born.
- Established in October 2012 at the Texas, Houston, Harris County Jail
- Assisted launch of independent program at Austin Travis County Jail (Redeemed Ministries – Austin/Outreach) – August 2015
- Provided training modules to Redeemed Ministries, Houston Assessment Center – January 2016
WINGS Ministries has grown out of that initial endeavor to serve marginalized women, our Butterflies. By equipping these women at risk with life and work skills they are more likely to succeed in living independently and less likely to become victims of domestic and predator abuse, human sex trafficking, and suffer addiction relapses.
- Harris County SAFE Court – August 2015
- Redeemed Ministries Houston – January 2016 (provided training curriculum to residents/staff)
- Santa Maria, Jacquelyn Street Program – April 2016
- Lucile Plane State Jail, Dayton, Texas – May 2016
- Santa Maria Bonita House, BAMBI Program – June 2016